So there was a moment when Cat Marnell went off Adderall, started feeling great and gained weight…a lot of weight. She couldn’t fit into her jeans and started wearing sweatpants.

A co-worker suggested a new designer juice cleanse and Cat started it just days before Fashion Week.

xojane

I did the amazing Classic Reset: it’s made of more than 15 lbs of 100% organic and full of stuff like kale, cucumber, spinach, ginger, lemon, celery, romaine, agave, apple, cinnamon, and vanilla. Things that I barely have put in my body in 2012 once. I mean, I wear a lot of vanilla perfume.

You’re supposed to drink them in numerical order—from 1 through 6—every two hours throughout the day. I did this almost perfectly for the first two days. I loved almost all of the juices, except for the #6s, which were made of cashews and nutmeg and tasted like cookies!

Two days into the cleanse, it was Fashion Week, and it was crazy. I was never at home, and I was hauling these things around. But I was feeling...amazing. And I had lost weight.

In three days, I’d lost 4 lbs. I also lost weight because I was running around at shows (although truth be told, I took like fifty $20 taxis that I lost all my receipts for and am still pissed about), but still.

I was also by then drinking them out of order, because I kept grabbing the wrong ones. But good God--my clothes were fitting better already, my energy was different, and my face was thinning out!


By day four, I had lost 6 lbs. I could put on a pair of jeans—not my skinny jeans (those come later), but A PAIR of jeans. I wore them to a Fashion Week thing. I was so thrilled I could have died.

I mean, the elephant in the room of course is that I was not eating. At all. But you’re not allowed to with the cleanse.

Oh, I sat at a few glam dinners, but instead of eating, I just pulled out one of my Ritual Cleanse juices and showed off to the fashion crowds (who were jealous just like I thought, and all tapped down the name of the cleanse in their iPhones): “This cleanse is changing my life; I’ve been feeling amazing; I’ve lost six pounds.” So everyone was (not) eating it up; har har.

At the end of seven days, I’d lost eight pounds I’d had around my midsection for a year. I was down to 122.

Then, because of my kickstart from Ritual Cleanse, I lost eight more pounds over the next three weeks. Because it's completely changed my taste for food.

I wake up every single morning craving juice and not bagels or whatever. Weird.

The Ritual Cleanse kickstarted a completely different me. I’m in touch with my body in a way that I have never been before. I just don't feel compelled to eat all of the time. I drink water and ($10) juices constantly; I crave fruits and vegetables. I’m eating tofu and vegan protein. I walk for like an hour and a half every day. I just feel different.

This isn’t about weight. This is about unhealthiness and unhappiness, and not taking care of yourself and feeling good, and I wasn't doing any of those things. I don’t write about weight loss stuff on here much because it’s not something I particularly encourage or am interested in for our readers.

Uh, I mean this is probably the one time I will write a big weight loss technique on here. Just because this one worked so well for me.

I mean, it’s the most boring subject in the world; who cares what any of us weigh when we can all be talking about all the weird fun stuff we talk about and also perfume?

No one needs to lose weight. Everyone needs to feel better. So if these two are intertwined for you, I suggest considering spending the money on Ritual Cleanse.

At $80 a day for six juices, it is not inexpensive.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top